

From: [Henderson, Mark E](#)
To: [Grigg, Yvonne C](#)
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:15:27 PM

I have been unable to locate evidence of the ShoreTel training from 2014. I only have evidence that we have had ongoing level 3 support for the ShoreTel system. Below is a breakdown of the LACCD WiFi project.

1. Campus WiFi -
 - a. Phase 1 - Replace existing WiFi on each campus in a pre-determined order (I do not know where that decision was made).
 - i. LAPC was first and has been completed. I believe two other campuses have been completed, LACC and LAMC. ESC with the Transformation Mgmt. Office (TMO) is managing this project.
 - b. Phase 2 - Clearpass deployment; this tool allows persons to logon with their appropriate authentication profile (i.e. employee, student, guest). ESC with the Transformation Mgmt. Office (TMO) is managing this project.
 - c. Phase 3 - Deploy new wireless access points (WAP) at all campuses where no previously exists. ESC with the Transformation Mgmt. Office (TMO) is managing this project.

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:12 PM
To: Henderson, Mark E
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi, Mark:

I have two questions for you!

Do you have the evidence for the Shoretel training (I am not sure if that is the correct spelling!)?

Also, Sheri was telling me that the installment of the wireless on campus is in two phases. Was phase 1 the installation of the Arbuas? What is phase 2?

THANKS!!!

Yvonne

Yvonne Cooper Grigg

Professor of English
Faculty Accreditation Coordinator
Pierce College
(818) 710-4324

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 12:05 PM
To: Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Documents 573 and 574 are previous RPLs. Documents 575 and 576 are examples of employee training offered by LACCD Personnel Commission.

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:25 PM
To: Henderson, Mark E
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Great! I will come to your office at 11:00am.

Thanks!

Yvonne

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:16:51 AM
To: Grigg, Yvonne C
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Yes I will be here and I am available 11a to 12p.

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 12:47 PM
To: Henderson, Mark E
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi, Mark:

Will you be campus on Wednesday? I have a few questions, and I think you might be the only one who can help me.

I am available any time between 9am-12:00pm.

THANKS!

Yvonne

Yvonne Cooper Grigg
Professor of English
Faculty Accreditation Coordinator
Pierce College
(818) 710-4324

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:19 AM
To: Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

We do have the district documents confirming consolidation. As it was shared with me, that there may not be any formal documentation of that decision. Our need for documentation to support our QFE has been sent forward and we are awaiting a response, so we can either include that information or remove and re-word that portion of the QFE.

----- Original message -----

From: "Ng, Benny C" <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Date: 5/28/19 5:00 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: "Henderson, Mark E" <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>, "Tchertchian, Edouard A" <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>, "Grigg, Yvonne C" <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>, "Gonzalez, Sergio A" <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for Mark and Yvonne working together for the second draft. I have all of you had a little rest over the long weekend. I went through the second draft and added a couple more documentation IDs (See Pink Highlight) in the document.

I don't think we have documentation IDs for the "District confirming consolidation" and "District confirmation consolidation and launch".

Best,

Benny

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:14 PM
To: Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Attached is what we have thus far. We still have some outstanding artifacts to secure. Yvonne was very helpful in getting some focus and moving us forward.

From: Ng, Benny C
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 10:33 AM
To: Henderson, Mark E; Tchertchian, Edouard A; Grigg, Yvonne C; Gonzalez, Sergio A
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for the MIA recently with my department duties. I have attempted to incorporate the document ID (See yellow highlight) into Mark's draft and posted a question I am not sure about (see red text).

Best,

Benny

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:15 AM
To: Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Yvonne and I are going to have a brief conversation today to discuss what remains to be done from me.

----- Original message -----

From: "Tchertchian, Edouard A" <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Date: 5/22/19 1:42 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: "Grigg, Yvonne C" <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>, "Gonzalez, Sergio A" <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>, "Henderson, Mark E" <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: "Ng, Benny C" <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi all,

I'm really sorry - I've been sick since last Wednesday and suffering with end-of-semester issues.

Is there anything left to do? From following the chain of email exchanges, it seems we are caught up and Mark is finalizing the report which he mailed out? Yvonne?

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:50 AM
To: Gonzalez, Sergio A; Henderson, Mark E; Tchertchian, Edouard A
Cc: Ng, Benny C
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

How about the new **deadline for the QFE report will be May 30th!**

Yvonne

From: Gonzalez, Sergio A
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:44 AM
To: Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi team,

I'm off in a bit and won't be back until Monday. If it is needed before then, I cannot work on it. Please let me know when it is due.

SG

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:35 AM
To: Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Thank you, Sergio, for uploading the documents that Mark sent into the CRI 6 folder for Team 3.

Team 3 is DONE the CRI 6 write up.

Now Team 3 just needs to finish up the QFE report. Mark sent a rough draft yesterday, and now this document just needs be to “spiced” up and needs document numbers for the evidence.

Would anyone like to help Mark???

THANKS!!

Yvonne

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:47 PM
To: Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

These attached items should speak to the efforts to address the technology concerns regarding 1200-1500. I would like some documentation to state the impact the moratorium had on the campus progression.

From: Henderson, Mark E
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:42 PM
To: Gonzalez, Sergio A; Grigg, Yvonne C; Tchertchian, Edouard A
Cc: Ng, Benny C
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

I am not sure how we depict documents for 1200-1500. Those areas were part of the construction moratorium. The only documents that may speak to those areas are the recent discussion regarding NOM Phase II AV. However, this does not speak to the infrastructure concerns. I will look to find some of those communications. There have been some proposed plans, yet nothing has occurred.

From: Gonzalez, Sergio A
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:11 PM
To: Grigg, Yvonne C; Tchertchian, Edouard A

Cc: Henderson, Mark E; Ng, Benny C
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Eddie and Mark,

I copied pasted onto word what Yvonne sent over. I matched up the docs from our folder with those from response. See attachment. I highlighted all the doc numbers for you all to review. I did highlight in red what I think is missing. See note at bottom of word doc.

SG

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:49 AM
To: Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi, All:

I am not sure if the Recommendation paragraph was already sent, but here is my copy. We need document numbers beside all facts.

College Recommendation 6 (Improvement): Technology

In order to improve, the team recommends that the College include IT staff in technology planning related to building and construction to ensure appropriate and adequate technology services, professional support, and technology hardware to meet the needs of operational functions, academic programs, teaching and learning, and support services. **(III.C.1)**

Response:

The college is still undergoing a major renovation process that began several years ago. The completion of the North-of-Mall Phase 1 project featured the installation of the Utelogy system and supporting infrastructure, comprised of collaborative work between BuildLACCD, District, the A/V smart classroom taskforce (Technology Committee), and campus IT. The IT team was trained on the Utelogy system (implementation, operation, and maintenance) and the campus has agreed to adopt this as the model for smart classroom management moving forward. This model was also implemented in the Auto-Tech area (3600), the Library Learning Crossroads Distance Education Conference room (5160), and will be used in North-of-Mall Phase 2 (1200, 1300, 1400, 1500), and Village 8201, 8202, 8320. The IT manager and IT team members have been actively included in the planning and implementation of these projects,

working with BuildLACCD, and district IT. The college has noted how the direct involvement of IT in these areas has improved all stages of the projects and has addressed future maintenance.

The college has noted the importance of IT being involved in technology planning, as witnessed by goal 4 in the school's mission statement – "Pierce College will expand the effective use of technology in all areas of the college." (Goal 4, Mission Statement). Further, the involvement of IT members in shared governance shows this commitment – IT reports an IT Project Prioritization List to the Technology Committee and takes suggested input before final prioritization and implementation of the list. The college has noted that streamlined delivery of successfully-completed buildings technology-wise is the direct result of IT involvement in all project stages.

From: Gonzalez, Sergio A
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:15 AM
To: Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Oh I see. So wrong paragraph edits. Yeah Eddie, get me the response so I can edit that one. 😊

SG

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:10 AM
To: Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Tchertchian, Edouard A <TCHERTEA@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi, Sergio (and Everyone):

Thank you so much for attempting to find the document numbers!

You are correct; you want to use the documents and the numbers from your Team folder.

The document that you have highlighted is the Quality Focus Essay, which I think Mark is working on (right, Mark?). Sergio's calculations should be used for that Quality Focus Essay!

Eddie -- do you have the paragraph responding to the Recommendation that you all wrote?

Right now, we need that paragraph to have the document numbers.

Thanks again,
Yvonne

From: Gonzalez, Sergio A
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:31 AM
To: Tchertchian, Edouard A; Grigg, Yvonne C
Cc: Henderson, Mark E; Ng, Benny C
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi all,

I took a stab at it. The instructions stated that even if someone had downloaded an item into their team folder, we were to download into our folder ourselves. For example, if we are referencing the Accreditation Steering Committee minutes for June of 2015, we need to download into our folder and the number i.e. 501 would be the number we use even if another team has used it in their folder as number 400.

I have highlighted where I feel we should have a doc number. I tried searching within our folders for the appropriate numbers. I may have found a few but it would be good for someone to double check. I am also missing quite a few that may or may not be in our folder. I honestly don't know where to find all the documents, but if someone downloads them into our folder I'll be happy to circle back around and place the numbers into the attached doc.

SG

From: Tchertchian, Edouard A
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:22 AM
To: Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi Benny & Sergio,

Could you help me add document numbers for support as outlined in Yvonne's email below? You were both at the citation meeting that Friday - let me know if you are able and willing to help out!

Thanks!

From: Grigg, Yvonne C
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:30 AM

To: Tchertchian, Edouard A
Subject: RE: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi, Eddie:

Mark is going to write the response for the QFE.

As for Recommendation 6, would you be able to add the document numbers that support your facts? These document numbers appear inside the TEAM 3 folder, inside the CRI6 folder. All the documents that support your points are listed there. We simply need to add those numbers to the ends of your sentences.

I am attaching the write up of College Recommendation 9 that Donna Accardo wrote for an idea reference.

Does that make sense?

Am I am not sure if you will be able to do that work, or would you like to ask someone else on your team for help?

THANKS!!!

Yvonne

From: Tchertchian, Edouard A
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 10:56 AM
To: Sparks, Randall P <SparksRP@laccd.edu>; Dalmage, Sharon C <DALMAGSC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Rohbani, Shahrzad P <ROHBANSP@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Lopez, Lorena <LOPEZL6@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Ng, Benny C <NGBC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Gonzalez, Sergio A <GONZALSA3@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>; Henderson, Mark E <HENDERME@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc: Grigg, Yvonne C <GRIGGYC@PIERCECOLLEGE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

College Recommendation 6 - first draft from today. Mark will add citations to documents and add a few more sources...

From: Tchertchian, Edouard A
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:15 AM
To: Sparks, Randall P; Dalmage, Sharon C; Rohbani, Shahrzad P; Lopez, Lorena; Ng, Benny C;

Gonzalez, Sergio A; Henderson, Mark E

Cc: Tchertchian, Edouard A; Grigg, Yvonne C

Subject: Accreditation Team 3 - Write-up

Hi Accreditation Team 3,

Let us meet this Friday, April 19, from 10 am to 11:30 am to complete our write-up. I know this time may not work for everyone, but I wanted to make sure we had Mark present as he's key to finishing up our report. Let us meet in the 600 building, which seems a convenient location for most. Let us meet in the open area, but if it is booked/busy, check in the IT department area/offices. See you all then! I'll send an Outlook invite shortly!

Thanks!

Eddie